Sunday, June 23, 2013

Review -- Rewrite Redemption

Rewrite Redemption
by J.H. Walker
Released: January  25, 2013

Young Adult Paranormal

Tour Dates ~ 
June 7, 2013 through June 23, 2013


Rewrite Redemption is a YA romance with paranormal/sci-fi elements.
She’s sixteen. He’s seventeen. They don’t know each other…at least not yet.


She has a secret and her whole life revolves around keeping it. Every few months and with little warning, she simply disappears, pulled into the past for hours or even days. She’s terrified it will happen in front of someone, changing her life forever. So far, the only witnesses have been her parents, and that didn't end well. She has no control over it and no idea why it happens to her.


She wants answers.


He has answers—at least he understands what’s going on. He has a secret, too. He’s part of an organization that goes back in time to rewrite reality. But he also has a problem. He broke the organization’s number-one rule by altering his own timeline. As punishment, he’s been blocked from time travel, which is most unfortunate. Because the changes he made to his timeline, accidentally resulted in disaster for his family. A disaster he’s now prevented from repairing. No one can travel beneath the organization’s radar except a Shadow. But they’re rare, so rare he’s never even met one.


Then he moves to her town.

My Thoughts on the Book

You know how you read a really great line in a book and say, "Wow! That would make a great poster."  Well, I have found such lines in this book.  It is quotable!  Not only are the characters lovable in their own inner turmoil, but they have wonderful connections between them all -- the ones you love and the ones you love to hate!

Many books have "love at first sight" within them... but in Rewrite Redemption it is more like "love at first word."  I had a horrible time putting it down and cursed the battery in my Nook for dying on me every night.  I even tried to reach the power cord so I could continue reading!  

J. H. Walker has been able to bring her "rather unconventional" life into her characters that prove that she remembers the struggles of teens everywhere.  With easy indicators of a shift in POV, Mrs. Walker pulls you past the everyday lives of these young people and into who they truly are.  I applaud Mrs. Walker for her talent and look forward to reading more of her work!  This is without a doubt a book that everyone should add to their libraries. (Which you can do at the links below -- hint, hint ~wink~)

And DON'T forget the Rafflecoptor below!!!!
Book Links

Author Bio-
My life has been rather unconventional. Born insanely curious into an authoritarian, religious family, I know what it’s like to not fit in. My teen years were a struggle, and I remember them in all their intensity. That’s why I like writing for young adults.


I grew up in Central America, surrounded by jungle, and was never too far from the ocean. I observed other cultures, including an indigenous tribe that, at the time, had seen little of the modern world. While there, I slept in a hammock in a bamboo hut, dressed in tribal clothing, and helped bring three babies into the world in at the tender age of fourteen. I survived a hurricane aboard an ocean liner, canoeing through alligator infested waters, P.E., my brother’s pet tarantulas, sky diving, parasailing over the Pacific shoreline, rock climbing, a ropes course blindfolded, and walking barefoot across hot coals. I’m not done having experiences.


I attended the University of Colorado, Boulder, but was so obsessed in my quest to understand human behavior; I left midstream to travel the country and study with people doing groundbreaking work in the field. I’m certified in Ericksonian Hypnosis, am a Master of Neuro-linguistic Programming and have worked with world-class athletes, including members of the U.S. Ski Team. I’ve completed advanced studies with some of the most brilliant minds of my time in the field of NLP and am a perpetual student of sociology and human behavior.


I live with my photographer husband in the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. I’m surrounded by trees. And I will always remain insanely curious.

Author Links


  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ann. Thanks so much for your review and for hosting me on your site. I, too, hate it when my Kindle dies and I'm in the middle of something, ha. Glad you liked the book.

    ReplyDelete