Sunday, September 20, 2015

You've Got This



For so much of my life I've been afraid of success. I've feared failure, and I've allowed the fear of both to rule my life. I essentially created my own self-fulfilling prophecies.

I believed that if I could succeed in something I would be happy. I would finally find the happiness I so desperately wanted in my life. But I doubted myself. I didn't believe in my own abilities, talents, or gifts.

With thoughts like that, I continually sabotaged my own happiness. Until...


I set aside my dreams as unreachable. I began to look at just being happy with life as I had it. Happiness is a choice. I decided to be happy. When I did this, I looked at what made me happy. What did I like to do as an indivudual? What did I want to do for the rest of my life and would never truly tire of? What was it that I could talk about for hours on end?

For me the answer has primarily been writing.

No matter what topic strikes my fancy or my passion at the moment, I LOVE to write about it. I LOVE to improve my writing - to grow and learn ever more. I LOVE to share that knowledge and experience and passion with others. I LOVE when someone reads my words and hungers for more. 

I LOVE WRITING. 

My mindset shifted. I found my passion and in persuing my passion, I have found myself and my happiness. I've grown as an individual and opened my mind to the possibilities - expanded as a person. I'm now ready to succeed... and I will. 






Many people think that the climb to success is just steady work and it will all go smoothly. Why should it? Nothing else in life works that way. Why should success be any different? Success is full of loops, twists, and turns. We stumble and fall and get back up. Many times when we fall, it isn't that we did something wrong, it is just that we stepped in a direction that leads you away from your true goal and the universe is telling you that you need to shift your focus.


As long as you don't give up focus of your goals, don't give up on your dreams, and don't give up on yourself... you can and will make it.

Life doesn't always happen as we plan. So, I've decided to not make so many plans. Throw away the lists. Start DOING things. Take those steps, don't just talk about them. You'll never get anywhere if all you do is talk about it.

So, if you want to be a writer... then write. If you want to be a success... then be one. I am and will be a success. I know what I want in life now. I have a very clear image of where I want to be and how I want my life to be. So, I take steps that will get me there. I know that things will fall into place BECAUSE I'm taking steps toward my goal... my mountain.

I will climb that mountain and stand at the top. I will then see my next mountain and take steps toward that.

Life is so full of wonder and adventure. There are so many different people with countless interests... each one of us has the potential inside to reach our own mountain. My mountain may look a lot like yours, but we each must reach the top of our own. We each need to take those steps. No one will carry us. Sure, sometimes you'll find a few steps that lead you closer in a shorter time than you expected, but YOU have to take those steps.

We can't control how people will react to us, we can only control how we react. What are you going to do? Are you worried that you won't be able to make it? Do you think that there is too much in the way of your dreams and goals to possibly reach? Is it really? Or is it just how you are looking at it?

As I posted before... the image of the glass...

To many it is half full. To many others it is half empty. How do you choose to look at it?

I'll tell you how I see it. It is a full glass - completely full. Not all of it is the same substance, but there is something in the entire glass. Half is water, half is air... but it is full.

I will reach my goals and be a success because I'm already there. I have all the tools I need to get there... I just haven't taken all the steps yet.

So, like me, you don't need to stress over the "what ifs"
... You have all the tools you need.


You've got this.
http://annsnizek.wix.com/ann-snizek

No comments:

Post a Comment