Tuesday, May 19, 2015

A to Z: Hardcover Hurtles

















ardcover Hurtles






It seems like a challenge to most self-published authors… Finding the best and most cost friendly way to produce your books in a hardcover edition.

I’ve recently started looking into it more because one of my latest projects is a series of children’s picture books and I think it would be amazing to have them in hardcover. Apparently, that’s easier said than done.

My research has led me to Lulu. From what I’ve found, they provide the best options for me. Given my goals and situation and their options, I’m considering doing a large print batch. Then I will place those books available for sale here and on my main business site of Snow Flower Enterprises. This will allow me to keep the prices reasonable for you!

With The Sword of Israj (Tunuftol book 4), For: Giva de Vine (Payton Chronicles book 2), and my picture book series, The Adventures of AkaPaca & Tatter-Anne in the works, my plans are to hold off on the hardcovers until 2016.

This means I have a LOT going on next year and I’m so thrilled that I’m busy AND productive with my own projects!!!


If you have found a great source of producing hardcover books, other than Lulu, PLEASE let me know. I haven’t committed to it yet and with all the companies out there, it gets overwhelming when trying to wade through them.



For those of you following my journey with this A to Z Challenge, don't forget to enter again in the contest under Goodreads & Giveaway! For those of you just finding me, follow the link and enter!






Today's wonderful collection of blogs!


  1. Kate Tilton: Connecting Authors & Readers - Great resources.Easily maneuver through the site.
  2. TNBBC's The Next Big Book Blog - WOW. Great resources. Plenty to go through.
  3. To Read, or Not To Read - 1st, LOVE the name. 2nd, Lots of organized reviews!










No comments:

Post a Comment