Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A to Z: Inspiration to Ink

nspiration to Ink



YAY!!! My first meet and greet. It’s not until June 20th, but I’m so excited about it! Inspiration to Ink is the meet and greet organized by the MidAtlantic SCBWI. I’ve been thinking about becoming a member, but want to see first-hand and talk with others passionate about books!

The event is in Richmond, Virginia and a friend of mine is going with me because my husband has to work that Saturday. It should be very interesting and informative and I hope lots of fun. Do any of you have experience with SCBWI or any other industry organizations that you can share?

It’s an amazing time to be in children’s books. At least for me it is. I feel liberated and invigorated with a feverish desire to write more and make them come to life.


This is my first time dealing with the issue of finding and working with an illustrator. I knew there are many, many artists and styles, but when it came time for me to begin my search and try to relate my vision with the illustrators I’ve met…. WOW, what a challenge.

One of the wonderful parts that I’ve discovered is when you find an illustrator whose art inspires you to write more and stirs up the embers of the imagination. I’ve narrowed it down to two illustrators and it’s not an easy task! They’re both amazing! How do you do it?

Well, I’m hoping to get more insight and support when I meet those at the Inspiration to Ink event.

WOOHOO!!!



For those of you following my journey with this A to Z Challenge, don't forget to enter again in the contest under Goodreads & Giveaway! For those of you just finding me, follow the link and enter!






Today's pick three blog choices!

  1. YA Novel Reader - More promos then reviews from what I see, but a nice reference site. 
  2. Katie Lynn Johnson - Nice list of reviews,an entire page of YA Indie Bloggers, and her books look interesting too.
  3. The Crazy Bookworm - If you only check one of these, I recommend this one. Love the tagline too! 









No comments:

Post a Comment